Dentures Wareham MA
If you are missing multiple teeth, you may be embarrassed to smile or laugh in public. Missing teeth, however, is more than just an appearance issue. In addition, it can affect the way you eat and speak. It can also cause bone loss in your jaw and cause your face to sag. Lastly, other general health issues may arise.
Fortunately, you can prevent this with a tooth replacement option, such as full or partial dentures. There are also several varieties of dentures available, including partials and implant-supported overdentures.
The dentists at Wareham Family Dental can help you understand the best option for you, based on your individual situation. Call our office at (508) 295-7476 to learn more.
How Do Removable Dentures Work?
In short, dentures are made of plastic resin. The gum-colored base fits over the bone ridge where your teeth once were. These removable mouth appliances are held in place by the suctioning effect of this close fit, which is why it’s so important that they are fitted properly. The upper set gets extra support from palate of the mouth, making it extremely stable.
Types of Full Dentures
- Immediate. Immediates are usually temporary. These sets are placed immediately after tooth extraction, so they won’t fit as well as permanent set, which are made when the healing is complete. However, they allow you to have new teeth right away and give you time to adjust to wearing dentures.
- Conventional . These are permanent sets that conform to your mouth after the healing process. They are very accurate and created to look like your own natural teeth as possible.
- Implant-Supported Overdentures. By using dental implants, you can increase the stability of a lower or upper set. The upper jaw requires more implants due to decreased bone density.
Types of Partial Dentures
- Transitional Partial. This set is a relatively inexpensive way to have temporary teeth as you wait for your mouth to heal. Once the healing process is complete, you can get dental implants or permanent mouth appliances.
- Removable Partial (RPDs). These metal-based sets are made of cast Vitallium. They fit well and are less expensive than implants or bridgework.
How Dentures Are Made and Fitted
In brief, your dentist creates your set by taking impressions of the top and bottom ridges of your mouth. Next, your dentist and a lab technician will work together to help you achieve a natural-looking smile with your new set. If you are satisfied with the result, these sets will be made permanent.
In addition, your dentist will make sure that your bite is balanced. Basically, the upper and lower sets must come together and be properly stabilize. It is important that your dentures are working and fitting properly.
Contact Us Today
Removable mouth appliances are a good way to replace an entire row of missing teeth. Likewise, they can improve your self-confidence and make you feel more comfortable when it comes to eating and socializing. The dentists at Wareham Family Dental can help you understand your teeth replacement options. To schedule a consultation, call us at (508) 295-7476.